Au Pair ExpectationsHome > Family Information > Au Pair Expectations
* full board and their own private room, with facilities to study.
* to receive their pocket money weekly.
* two full days off per week.
* to be treated as one of the family.
* to take their meals with the family.
* help in finding a good language school.
* time off to attend language classes.
* to telephone their family of their safe arrival at the host family's home.
* one weeks holday pay after six months, and two weeks after a year.
WHAT AN AU PAIR WILL NOT EXPECT
* to be treated like a domestic servant.
* to be given sole charge of babies or very young children.
* to work more than their maximum allowable hours.